Friday, September 24, 2010

Science Blogging

Now that I have returned from my summer journey to Russia, and have also dealt with some urgent work-related matters, I have a little time for IS Group blogging. Instead of writing, I have been reading other science-related blogs. There are lots out there, and many are a lot of fun. There has been a lot of Hausermania and science v. religion discussion of late, but there are also other fascinating topics to read about.

Here is a list of some of the various blogs that I usually check in on. Language Log, by Mark Liberman, Geoffrey Pullum and many others; Three-Toed Sloth, by Cosma Shalizi; Why Evolution Is True, by Jerry A. Coyne; Neuron Culture, by David Dobbs (now on Wired Science Blogs); IEEE Spectrum Tech Talk; Child's Play on Scientopia; Greg Laden's Blog; john hawks weblog (paleoanthropology, genetics, and evolution); Neuronskeptic; Open Parachute, by Ken Perrott; and The Bubble Chamber.

Some additional general sites include Big Think and ScienceBlogs. A related blog of interest is Schneier on Security, by Bruce Schneier. And, of course, I would be remiss if I did not end with some relentless self-promotion for the IS Group blog.

No comments: